Changes to judge-made law and employment statutes are now mainstream issues for both employers and employees.
Ever increasing and complex, there are a multitude of employment-related statutes in Ontario. With a special focus on Employment Law, Henderson Eastwood Tuck offers up-to-date knowledge of these statutes and how they interrelate. We work with our clients towards cost-effective outcomes.
For employers, we work to know your business and how you value your human resources. Making good decisions early on can avoid costly emotional and financial issues later.
For employees, we recognize and respect the stressors you are confronting, and the need to understand your best outcome—and how to achieve it.
We can help you with:
- Employment Standards Act compliance
- Wrongful dismissal actions
- Human Rights Code issues
- Bill 168: Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Employment Contracts
Specific to Employees:
- Review and negotiation of severance packages, and Full and Final Releases
- Harassment concerns
- Representation in court, or at administrative tribunals
Specific to Employers:
- Effective counsel for staff downsizing strategies
- Best practices: overview and implementation
- Managing, preventing, and defending wrongful/constructive dismissal court actions